- Hire, train and supervise multilingual human annotators in the production of high-quality structured data to inform intelligent systems that attempt to understand web content and users of Google’s products.
- Use your strong understanding of current online advertising, marketing practices, and industry and market research to guide classifier model design and feature engineering in a dynamic software development environment, working collaboratively with engineers and project managers.
- Develop, expand and maintain various application-oriented taxonomies used to characterize and organize web content, business inventories and user interests and behaviors, all while exhibiting a pragmatic, flexible and hands-on approach at data modeling and analysis toward the goal of automated understanding of natural language and user behaviors.
- Bachelors degree in an analytical data-driven field (e.g., statistics, linguistics, library science).
- 3 years of industry experience in a software or product development environment. Experience working on the technical side of an ad agency or in an SEM/SEO setting.
- Experience in helping to shape new products, iterating quickly, thinking creatively, and identifying what has promise, and what's a dead end.
- Scripting (Python/Perl/Bash) and SQL proficiency.
- Familiarity with basic principles of statistical machine learning and text classification.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work in a multilingual setting.